End Fgm is looking for a Finance & Administration Officer
JOB TITLE: Finance & Administration Officer
The End FGM European Network is recruiting a Finance & Administration Officer to be employed on a full-time basis in its head office in Brussels, Belgium.
About the End FGM European Network
The End FGM is based in Brussels and brings together 19 national organisations working in the field of female genital mutilation (FGM).
Our vision is a world where women and girls are empowered and free from all forms of female genital mutilation, where their voices are heard, where they can enjoy their rights and make informed choices about their lives. We create an enabling environment for coordinated and comprehensive action by European stakeholders and decision-makers to end FGM and other forms of violence against women and girls. We facilitate the synergy of diverse organisations and the active participation of rights holders and affected communities and we provide a space where member organisations can share their experience and diverse skills.
The Finance & Administration Officer reports to End FGM Director and s/he is in charge of managing the financial and administrative systems, procedures and operations and providing strategic advice on financial and administrative matters.
Primary duties and responsibilities
· Take care of bookkeeping and administration of invoices and accounting documents in adherence to Belgian accounting practices and standards
· Manages the bank account, payments and treasury
· Oversees in cooperation with the Director budgeting processes in relation to End FGM global budget and project budgets
· Monitor expenditure against budgets; monitor cash flow and predict new trends
· Contribute to the preparation of financial statements for donors and processing and retention of documents and support in accordance with donors rules and regulations.
· Produce accurate financial reports for the Director and the Board at specific deadlines
· Manage the annual accounts closing and the external audit in collaboration with the external accountant
· Ensure compliance with regulations (internal and donor-related) for procurement of goods and services and record-keeping
· Develop appropriate financial systems and tools.
· Prepare monthly payrolls
· Manages time-sheets
· Manage the internal leave registry
· Monitor HR developments according to Belgian laws and regulations and report to the Director
· Liaise with the Social Secretariat on other relevant matters.
· Oversee compliance of End with legal and administrative requirements as a Belgian asbl
· Maintain external relationships with service providers to ensure the efficiency of the office systems, supplies, premises and equipment
· Oversee logistics and other administrative tasks required
· Contribute to the organisation of meetings, conferences, events and actions.
· University of High School degree in accountancy and finance, business administration, economics, or other related studies
Competencies and experience
· Minimum of 8 years of experience in a role very similar to this position
· Experience in book-keeping and accountancy
· Experience in managing EU funds (experience with funding from DJ JUST would be an asset)
· Good knowledge of the Belgian employment and social regulations and conditions
· High proficiency in use of software systems: Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and accountancy systems, preferably Winbooks
· Ability to put in place and implement internal financial control systems and tools
· Previous practice in managing procurement of goods and services
· Know-how in managing an office facility
· Experience in managing payrolls and other employment and social measures (contracts; leave management, etc.)
· Professional fluency in oral and written English and good knowledge of French. Additional EU languages would be an asset
· Ability to relocate to Brussels and ownership of a work permit
· Experience of working in an NGO environment preferably at EU level
Terms & Conditions
· Gross annual salary of 50-53.600 Euro depending on experience, plus benefit package
· Working hours: 38 hours, possibility of flexible working hours arrangements
· Occasional extended working periods with reasonable notice
· One year renewable employment contract governed by Belgian law
· Desired start: beginning of September
If interested, please apply by sending a CV, a motivation letter and contact details of 3 references in English to firstname.lastname@example.org the 10th of July 5pm CET. Applications not providing all documentation requested will be disqualified.
Only candidates complying with the eligibility criteria should apply.
Interviews will be held between the 24th of July and 4th of August. We apologize we will be able to get back only to short-listed candidates.
Tuesday 16 mai 2017 - 17h00