Seas At Risk is looking for a
Seas At Risk (SAR) is an umbrella organisation of environmental NGOs from across Europe that promotes ambitious policies for marine protection at European and international level. We represent 32 member organisations in 17 different European countries. The SAR Secretariat comprises 10 staff members, 8 of whom are working from the Brussels office. We are a diverse team but share a passion for the sea. We are currently working on issues as diverse as fisheries, aquaculture, greenhouse gas emissions from shipping, marine litter, deep sea mining and EU-level marine environment policies.
More information at: www.seas-at-risk.org.
Purpose of the job
SAR is seeking a communications intern to support the work of the communication officer in promoting the external awareness of the work of Seas At Risk and support the communication aspect of the ongoing #OurBlueLung campaign. This is an internship with expected duration of 6 months. Ideally the successful candidate would start 1st October 2019.
§ To assist SARs Communication Officer with her daily activities, including drafting web news and articles, maintaining and updating SARs website, managing SARs social media activities, liaising with SAR members, managing contact databases and mailing lists and disseminating briefings, reports, leaflets and other communication products.
§ To assists SARs staff with the development and dissemination of the #OurBlueLung campaign, including supporting the deployment of a social media campaign, helping with the producing of multimedia products, developing website content and maintaining the website.
§ To assist SARs staff with the organisation of a high-level event in February 2020, including coordinating logistics and suppliers, liaising with speakers, handling participants registrations, developing communication products for the event, and assisting SAR staff with the follow-up of the event, e.g. producing meeting reports and related publications.
Qualification, experience, knowledge
· A university degree in communications, journalism or other relevant field;
- Good analytical, writing and communications skills in English; additional EU language skills are a plus;
· Experience with social media;
· IT skills;
· Previous intern or volunteering experience with campaigning or organisation of events is an asset;
· Good insight in functioning of the EU institution is an asset;
- A passion for oceans and the EU.
· Excellent communicator
· Strong networker
· Team player and able to work independently as well
· Output oriented
· Commitment to quality
· Strong organisational ability
What we offer
Seas At Risk offers:
· An opportunity to acquire practical experience in a professional and international working environment, with supervision by experienced Seas at Risk staff members;
· An exciting experience with working in an environmental NGO in Brussels
· The opportunity to gain experience with communication and learn about marine topics in a European Union policy setting
· An opportunity to gain a more in-depth knowledge of how EU institutions work
· A fixed monthly fee/compensation and a transport support.
How to apply
Send a letter explaining your motivation and how you meet the internship requirements, together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , with Communication intern in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: 6 September 2019.
Interviews will be conducted in the week of 16-20 September.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Thursday 08 august 2019 - 18h00